segunda-feira, 22 de julho de 2013

AS IT STANDS




As it stands
 
I do not wish to have a nation in me
 
no more.

As it stands,
 
I do not wish to have a city,

(urban legends to soothe me)

no more.
 

Brick on brick I wish for open ended walls
 
to meet the breeze on swaying grasses,

In open fields,

the sweat and speed of common labor,

the piercing thought of thought in common,

The common bond,

The common beat of human heart.


And given that I will then create

a nation of one with my surroundings,

a family of many youngsters with the rocks,

a place with birds among the spoil of cats,

a place of gentle stay in hurricane.

 
A clear place of sotto voice and not a muttering,

a place of a capella,

a paradise and hell in one.
 
 
 
 
Erica Weick
 
 

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário